Applied Building Science
CSG’s Applied Building Science (ABS) division’s technical experts have decades of experience in the energy efficiency and renewable energy industries. Crucial hands-on experience, combined with deep understanding of building science theory and physics, guides and informs all aspects of CSG’s program design and delivery.
The Applied Building Science team defines and develops technical best practices for our programs, and provides our clients with essential knowledge grounded in real-world scenarios. We supply expertise in:
- Developing technical Material and Installation guidelines for programs
- Providing direct technical support
- Overseeing program Quality Assurance (QA)
- Reviewing all training curricula to ensure technical accuracy
- Developing and maintaining engineering algorithms and validation rules in our energy efficiency software
CSG pioneered using the “House as a System” approach to energy efficiency programs. This whole-house approach addresses building performance by examining the interaction of a home’s systems, including the thermal envelope, mechanical systems, lighting, appliances, and occupant behavior.
Industry leadership and support
Our building science experts also provide industry leadership and support. We are heavily involved with industry organizations to develop national technical standards for energy efficiency. For more information on our involvement with developing technical standards, see Industry Standards and Codes.
To learn how our Applied Building Science team can help your program succeed, please contact us.CSG designs building science resources
- Material and Installation Guidelines
- QA/QC Contractor Scoring Procedures
- Combustion Safety Testing pocket guides
- Field Guide to Residential New Construction (multiple states)
These documents are customized for our clients’ programs, and undergo continuous improvement based on feedback from the field. To learn more about creating building science documentation for your program, contact us.